Borrowing privileges are extended to any resident of the City of Manitowoc and other residents within the library system boundaries
- Library card holds are entitled to borrow any item in the library’s circulating collection and to use other services provided by the library. In the case of specialized borrower’s cards, some restrictions apply.
- If a library card is lost, it must be reported to library staff so that the lost card may be invalidated. The cardholder will be responsible for any use of the card prior to it being reported lost. Parents or legal guardians are responsible for material checked out on their children’s card.
- If a cardholder has incurred fines above the given limit, the cardholder cannot use library services until the fines are paid.
- Patrons may also sign a library consent form, which authorizes others to do business on the cardholder’s behalf.
- The library cannot place limits on what children check out or on internet usage. Parents are responsible for monitoring their child’s library activities.
- Manitowoc Public Library card privileges must be renewed every two years. Cards can only be renewed when all fines and fees are paid.
Approved by Board of Trustees – October 28, 2013