One-to-One Adult Literacy Partners
Language • Literacy • Life
One-to-One Adult Literacy Partners at the Manitowoc Public Library provides goal-oriented, individualized literacy tutoring. Trained volunteers help adults in Manitowoc County develop and enhance their skills in reading, writing, comprehending, and speaking English.
Our Vision is for every adult in Manitowoc County to have the English language skills necessary to succeed in life. When you can read and write, you can…
- Fill out a job application
- Understand a prescription label
- Obtain a high school degree or complete occupational training
- Help your children with their homework
- Take a driver’s test
- Use a computer
- Communicate with your doctor, child’s teacher, co-workers, employer, and many others…
- Our services are provided by trained volunteer tutors at no charge to the learner participants.
- Each tutor-learner team works together to establish specific goals and develop strategies for success.
- Tutor and learner form a trusting relationship and learn from each other.
- Many of our learners have become U.S. Citizens, obtained employment, been promoted at work, and become more engaged in the community
One-to-One Adult Literacy Partners Provides Tutors with…
- The training and support needed to be successful – no prior teaching experience necessary
- Core and supplemental books and materials
- Opportunities to interact with and learn from other tutors
- Social gatherings with other tutors and learners
- Public locations for the tutor and learner to meet
To become involved as a tutor or a learner contact One-to-One Adult Literacy Partners today!
Manitowoc Public Library