Check Out a Bike Lock!
Forgot your lock at home? Don’t have a bike lock? Not to worry! MPL has bike locks available to check out at the service desk.
Please review our guidelines:
- Bike locks may be checked out daily with library card or photo ID for the duration of library visit and are due back 30 minutes before closing
- Users will be issued one unlocked bike lock
- Bike lock keys will remain with staff at all times. When you are ready to unlock your bike, please notify staff so they can accompany you to your bike, and unlock the bike lock and return your library card/ID.
- If the bike lock is not returned by closing or bike lock is lost, the user will be charged $50
- The bike will not be unlocked until the fine is paid
- Regardless of whether a library bike lock was used, the Manitowoc Public Library is not responsible for lost or stolen bicycles