Update: Study Rooms to Reopen with Restrictions on Monday, March 8
The study rooms on the first floor will reopen on March 8, 2021. Room occupancy is limited to two (2) people in the three small study rooms, and four (4) in the large study room. Reservations will not be accepted. Rooms are first come, first served. Each room will be sanitized at the end of the day. All safety and hygiene guidelines still apply.
Safety and Hygiene Guidelines
- Wearing a mask/face covering that covers both the mouth and nose at all times is required (ages 2 and up), as mandated by the Library Board. If you are unable to or refuse to wear a mask, you will be asked to use curbside services instead. You will be asked to leave the building and use curbside services if you do not comply with wearing a mask appropriately after one warning. If you’re unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition, please contact City Attorney Kathleen McDaniel to request ADA accommodations: firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 686-6990.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from patrons and staff
- Do not enter if you are sick
- Do not gather/linger
The Library will undergo an enhanced cleaning regimen for the building and materials.
- High-traffic public areas will be sanitized at the end of each day
- Returned materials are wiped down prior to reshelving
- Increased access to hand sanitizer
If you’re concerned about bringing library materials home and your risk of infection, you may consider quarantining materials for four days. Ultimately, Manitowoc Public Library is a public facility, and we cannot guarantee items you borrow will be free of pathogens, despite our enhanced sanitizing procedures.
Distancing and Reduced Contact
- Reduced occupancy limits of up to 25% of usual building capacity
- One-on-one technology assistance capped at a five minutes (cumulative) per day
- Computer sessions reduced to one (1) hour per day
- Plexiglass barriers are in place at all service points
- Floor markings placed 6 feet apart where lines may form
- Drinking fountains will not be operational – bring your own water
- In-House toys, board games, puzzles, Wii, and xBox are unavailable
- Reduced contact with money and library cards (use of online library account encouraged for paying fines)
Return materials through the exterior, drive-up book drop, as the interior book drop will be closed to ensure materials are cleaned prior to being checked in.
Room Restrictions and Closures
- Each study room has an occupancy limit of one (1), and reservations will not be accepted
- Meeting rooms are closed
- The Idea Box is closed
Monday – Thursday – 9:00am-6:00pm | Friday – 9:00am-4:00pm | Saturday – 9:00am-1:00pm | Sunday – CLOSED.
Patrons can continue to return materials through the exterior, drive-up book drop. Any materials that may not be returned through the book drop, like toys and hotspots, can be left with staff at the entrance table (please call 920-686-3010 when you’re at the entrance, so staff can collect the materials).
- For your safety and convenience, curbside pickup will continue during all open library hours. Curbside will be performed with a ‘hands-off’ approach.
- This is performed by placing materials on tables setup behind the main entrance doors when the patron has notified staff by calling in upon arrival.
- We suggest that patrons call prior to arriving and upon arrival to help facilitate a smooth transition.
- A staff member will call out the patron’s name towards the parking lot to provide confirmation of materials.
- Please continue to place holds on materials ahead of time and ensure they’re available prior to pick up. Call 920-686-3010 to place holds by phone or alert staff when you would like to arrive to pick up available holds.
- During this time we are limited in staff and unfortunately cannot check voicemails immediately as they come in. If your phone call goes to our voicemail, we ask that you reattempt your call until you’ve reached one of our staff members for confirmation of hold or pickup.
- Continue to access your online account to place holds, renew materials, and pay fines
- Take advantage of our online books and digital resources!
- Enjoy our online programming on Facebook!