Update: Mask Requirement Lifted
On Monday, May 24, 2021, Manitowoc Public Library’s Board of Trustees approved the removal of the mask requirement on MPL premises. Effective immediately, patrons and library employees are no longer required to wear face masks/facial coverings. Please note that pandemic protocols—such as maintaining an appropriate social distance of 6 feet and frequent hand washing—are strongly encouraged. Patrons are also encouraged to follow CDC guidelines on preventing illness. If you are sick or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you instead use curbside pickup services for the safety of other patrons and our staff. We would like to thank our community for their support during these unprecedented times.
Safety and Hygiene Guidelines
- We encourage you to maintain a distance of 6 feet from patrons and staff
- If you are ill or feeling ill please visit us another day
The Library will undergo an enhanced cleaning regimen for the building and materials.
- High-traffic public areas will be sanitized at the end of each day
- Returned materials are wiped down prior to reshelving
- Increased access to hand sanitizer
If you’re concerned about bringing library materials home and your risk of infection, you may consider quarantining materials for four days. Ultimately, Manitowoc Public Library is a public facility, and we cannot guarantee items you borrow will be free of pathogens, despite our enhanced sanitizing procedures.
Distancing and Reduced Contact
- Plexiglass barriers are in place at all service points
- Floor markings placed 6 feet apart where lines may form
- In-House toys (except tech toys), puzzles, and Xbox are unavailable
Room Restrictions and Closures
- Each study room has an occupancy limit of two (2), and reservations will not be accepted
- The Idea Box is closed
Monday – Thursday – 9:00am-8:00pm | Friday – 9:00am-6:00pm | Saturday – 9:00am-3:00pm | Sunday – 12:00pm-4:00pm.