Check out the Internet!
Thanks largely in part to the Friends of Manitowoc Library and the Manitowoc Public Library Foundation, we are able to give patrons access to the Internet, wherever they are. The hotspots that are available are intended to help a wide range of patrons gain access to the Internet when they do not have access at home due to financial or geographic reasons. These handy little devices allow for up to 10 devices to connect at once and give patrons the ability to pay bills, search for jobs, allow children to do homework, or just relax and stream videos online.*
Borrowing a Hotspot is FREE. There is no rental fee to borrow a Hotspot, and there is no cost for Internet service used during a loan period
- Eligible Borrowers: Library patrons with no outstanding fines
- Loan Period: 14 days
- Renewals: None
- Holds: Patrons may place holds on Hotspots
- Checkout: Hotspots are available for checkout at the Public Service Desk
- Borrowing Limit: Only one Hotspot may be checked out at a time, per patron
- Returning Equipment: Hotspots must be returned to the Manitowoc Public Library Public Service Desk. They may not be placed in the return slots, drop-off bins, or other Libraries
- Lost or Unreturned equipment: Patrons will be fined $1.00 per day it is overdue. Once the Hotspot is overdue, internet access will be disabled. After 25 days of being overdue, the patron’s library account will incur a $125 replacement charge.
- Damaged Equipment: The replacement cost for damaged equipment is the sole responsibility of the patron to whom it is checked out.
Hotspot (Franklin R850): $95.00
Hotspot (ZTE Wireless): $100.00
Zippered Case: $15.00
Charging Cord: $10.00
Misc Items: $5.00 (Franklin R850 only)
*Coverage may not be available in all areas. Service runs across Sprint’s 4G LTE network and may be limited in certain areas where there is no clear access to a nearby tower. Placing the hotspot near a window in the highest point in your home may help with connection issues. Download speeds may vary due to the amount of devices connected and content being accessed, and proximity to a tower.