The Manitowoc Public Library is pleased to offer free Wi-Fi from within the entire library building and reaching far into Quay street, Frankling street and our adjacent parking lot. Patrons and public alike can access the internet with higher than normal public WiFi speeds.
The public WiFi signal is unlimited and is available 24/7. Our signal can be found by selecting the MPL_Public SSID. No password is required, just connect & go!
Don’t have your own device to connect to the internet? No worries, we have you covered! We offer several public PC stations that patrons can use for free! Public PCs do have a 2 hour limit and can be found on our main floor near the staircase and in the youth department.
Youth public PCs also have the added bonus of Minecraft!
Forgot your library card or don’t have one, no problem! We offer instant day passes to get you online!
Thanks largely in part to the Friends of Manitowoc Library and the Manitowoc Public Library Foundation, we are able to give patrons access to the Internet, wherever they are.
The hotspots that are available are intended to help a wide range of patrons gain access to the Internet when they do not have access at home due to financial or geographic reasons. These handy little devices allow for up to 10 devices to connect at once and give patrons the ability to pay bills, search for jobs, allow children to do homework, or just relax and stream videos online.
Borrowing a Hotspot is FREE. There is no rental fee to borrow a Hotspot, and there is no cost for Internet service used during a loan period, service is unlimited.
- Eligible Borrowers: Library patrons with no outstanding fines
- Loan Period: 14 days
- Renewals: None
- Holds: Patrons may place holds on Hotspots
- Checkout: Hotspots are available for checkout at the Public Service Desk
- Borrowing Limit: Only one Hotspot may be checked out at a time, per patron
- Returning Equipment: Hotspots must be returned to the Manitowoc Public Library Public Service Desk. They may not be placed in the return slots, drop-off bins, or other Libraries
- Lost or Unreturned equipment: Patrons will be fined $1.00 per day it is overdue. Once the Hotspot is overdue, internet access will be disabled. After 25 days of being overdue, the patron’s library account will incur a $125 replacement charge.
- Damaged Equipment: The replacement cost for damaged equipment is the sole responsibility of the patron to whom it is checked out.