Test proctoring is done by the staff at the service desk. Both written and on-line tests are proctored. There is no charge for this service. The Library cannot provide same day proctoring service.
Postage and printing fees are the responsibility of the student. It is the responsibility of the student to contact the service desk staff to arrange a time for the exam.
Test Proctoring Guidelines:
Manitowoc Public Library provides limited proctoring services. Please review these guidelines in detail and verify that your institution will accept our conditions so that your testing experience will go smoothly.
- Manitowoc Public Library will proctor either written or online exams.
- Your test will be administered by available staff, not necessarily by a degreed librarian.
- Staff will not be able to continuously monitor you during the exam. You will be on the honor system.
- Proctoring will be done by appointment only. Please contact the individual library for available times.
- It is your responsibility to arrange for the exam to be delivered to the library. The library can receive faxes, email attachments or via US Mail.
- Please present a picture I.D. when arriving for your test.
- Once the test is finished, the staff member in charge will sign and verify completion.
- You will be responsible for any costs incurred for returning the test. The library does not provide envelopes or postage. The library will keep a test for 30 days from the date of receipt and no longer than 10 days after completion.
- With regard to the required proctor information for some tests, the proctor will provide the necessary library and proctor information excluding personal information such as social security number or driver’s license number.
- Verify that the testing institution accepts all library proctoring guidelines.
- Will contact the Public Services Manager at 686-3036 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance to set up the date and time of the exam with sufficient time to complete all exam requirements one hour prior to the library’s scheduled closing time.
- Verify that Manitowoc Public Library has received the examination.
- Allow sufficient time to take the examination before the deadline that has been established by the institution; the library will hold tests for 30 days or the test’s stated deadline.
- Bring appropriate photo ID to the library on the exam day.
- If the student intends to use a personal laptop to take the examination(s), the student is responsible for seeking approval from the institution.
- Come prepared with the necessary or required supplies to take the examination.
- Provide postage & envelope if the testing institution has not enclosed a return, prepaid envelope.
- Allow 7-10 days for normal US Mail delivery or make other prepaid delivery arrangements to return the completed exam to the institution.
The Library can:
- Proctor exams for individual students who have made advance arrangements
- Receive and return exams via US Mail, e-mail or fax.
- Store the exam in a secure area and maintain password security for electronic exams.
- Reserve Internet use for an appointed time and specified amount of time. The library provides free public WiFi. The student is responsible for following and understanding the Library Internet Policies and procedures.
- Verify the student’s identity with photo ID.
- Library staff cannot read the examination to the student, but will make reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities.
- Certify that the student has taken the exam within a specified time.
- Mail the completed exam back to the institution, via a prepaid method.
The Library cannot:
- Provide a private place for testing.
- Provide a staff member to continuously monitor the exam, or verify that the student had no access to materials or assistance.
- Download software onto Library computers or grade exams.
- Allow a student to complete an exam after the library’s designated closing time.
- Provide envelopes or postage for returning exam materials to the testing institution.
- Keep copies of exam after they have been returned to the testing institution.