Wi-Fi & Public PCs
The Manitowoc Public Library is pleased to offer free Wi-Fi from within the entire library building and reaching far into Quay street, Franklin street and our adjacent parking lot. Patrons and public alike can access the internet with higher than normal public WiFi speeds.
The public WiFi signal is unlimited and is available 24/7. Our signal can be found by selecting the MPL_Public SSID. No password is required, just connect & go!
Don’t have your own device to connect to the internet? No worries, we have you covered! We offer several public PC stations that patrons can use for free! Public PCs do have a 2 hour limit and can be found on our main floor near the staircase and in the youth department.
Youth public PCs also have the added bonus of Minecraft!
Forgot your library card or don’t have one, no problem! We offer guest passes to get you online!
Checkout a laptop to use anywhere within the library! Laptops, which are equipped with microphones and webcams, can be borrowed for up to two hours. Printing is available through our website. To borrow a laptop, visit our Laptop Checkout Kiosk located on the main floor near the Business Center.
Thanks largely in part to the Friends of the Manitowoc Public Library and the Manitowoc Public Library Foundation, we are able to provide patrons access to the Internet, wherever they are entirely for free!
Hotspots are available to assist patrons gain access to the Internet when they do not have access at home due to financial or geographic reasons. These handy little devices allow for up to 15 devices to connect at once and give patrons the ability to pay bills, search for jobs, allow children to do homework, or just relax and stream videos online.
- Data is unlimited.
- Wireless hotspot service is not guaranteed. (You may also experience slow connection speeds or no service based on several factors.)
- Using hotspots for illegal purposes will result in a ban of hotspot service.
- Eligible Borrowers: Library patrons with no outstanding fines
- Loan Period: 14 days
- Renewals: None
- Holds: Patrons may place holds on Hotspots
- Checkout: Hotspots are available for checkout at the Public Service Desk
- Borrowing Limit: Only one Hotspot may be checked out at a time, per address
- Returning Equipment: Hotspots are required to be returned to the Manitowoc Public Library Public main service desk, found on the first floor
- Lost or Unreturned equipment: Patrons will be fined $1.00 per day it is overdue. Once the Hotspot is overdue, internet access will be disabled. After 25 days of being overdue, the patron’s library account will incur a $125 replacement charge
- Damaged Equipment: The replacement cost for damaged equipment is the sole responsibility of the patron to whom it is checked out