We have now completed the following in 1st Floor Redesign project.
- Fireplace is now up and running.
- Non-Fiction shift is now complete.
- Biographies are once again part of the collection. Dewey numbers 921 – 928.
- Travel is now shelved in the non-fiction collection. Dewey numbers 910 – 919.
- Oversized books are now found in the correct Dewey numbers.
- Fiction and mystery shelved together.
- Our coffee cart is now offering hot coffee and hot water for tea.
- Lucky Day has been returned to the front of the library.
- Large Print is now in new home and open for browsing.
- Manitowoc History Room items are on shelves where the mystery books were and will be transitioning next week to the south side of the library by the Franklin Street room
- Magazine and newspaper will no longer be housed in the large turret. They are across from audiobooks temporarily.
- Saturday we will be painting the large turret in preparation of creating a new Teen Area starting next week.
- The Manitowoc History Room will be prepped and ready for painting as it transitions to the new makerspace.
Until further notice the Xbox will be temporarily unavailable until the new Teen Area is ready to go. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. We will post it’s return date once we know the new Teen Area is up and running.
- The new Manitowoc History Area along Franklin Street is being repainted this week and next.
- The Microfilm readers, microfilm cabinets, and Manitowoc History Research materials will be moving to the new History area throughout the month of June.
- New window treatments are being installed along Franklin Street that will reduce sun damage to the materials in the area.
- By the grand staircase, the Foreign Language materials will soon be shifted to a new home.
- The reference materials will be along the north wall in the northeast corner.
- In July, prepping will start to install the laptop seating counter along the windows looking out to the river. NEW CHAIRS TOO!!
- New fiction will lead into the fiction collection.
- New display units are being researched.
- The beginning of May we will be repainting the large turret in preparation of it becoming the new home for teen area.
“Big Shift” party in April
- The new first floor Service Desk has been completed and is now operational! The old Service Desk will soon be deconstructed.
- A remote Service Desk will be installed in the very near future near the public computers, giving patrons access to two service points for staff assistance.
- The Idea Box is close to completion.
- Books on CD and DVD collections will be moving to their new home, adjacent to the Non-fiction collection, while the magazines and periodicals will be moved to where the Books on CD and DVDs used to be located.