Welcome back to the Library!
We’re open and we’re excited to welcome you back to Manitowoc Public Library! Please be aware of some changes we’ve made to keep patrons and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. These temporary changes will be in place at least through early September, when library leadership will reevaluate based on current needs.
Safety and Hygiene Guidelines for Library Patrons
- UPDATE EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2020: Masks/face coverings required for patrons ages 2 and older.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from other people
- Do not enter if you are sick
- Cover your cough and sneeze
- Do not gather/linger
- Mask required for one-on-one technology assistance (masks available at all service desks)
Hours will be reduced to allow for thorough cleaning of public areas. New hours are as follows:
- Monday through Thursday – 9:00am-6:00pm
- Friday – 9:00am-4:00pm
- Saturday – 9:00am-1:00pm
- Sunday – CLOSED.
Return materials through the exterior, drive-up book drop, as the interior book drop will be closed to ensure materials are cleaned prior to being checked in.
For your safety and convenience, curbside pickup will continue during all open library hours. Please continue to place holds on materials ahead of time and ensure they’re available prior to pick up. Call 920-686-3010 to place holds by phone or alert staff when you would like to arrive to pick up available holds. (Holds capped at 10 max)
The Library will undergo an enhanced cleaning regimen for the building and materials.
- High-traffic public areas will be sanitized at the end of each day
- Returned materials are wiped down prior to reshelving
- Increased access to hand sanitizer
If you’re concerned about bringing library materials home and your risk of infection, you may consider quarantining materials for four days. Ultimately, Manitowoc Public Library is a public facility, and we cannot guarantee items you borrow will be free of pathogens, despite our enhanced sanitizing procedures.
Distancing and Reduced Contact
- Reduced occupancy limits
- Designated entrance and exit points
- Plexiglass barriers are in place at all service points
- Floor markings placed 6 feet apart where lines may form
- Drinking fountains will not be operational – bring your own water
- Toys, flannels, board games, puzzles, Wii, and xBox are unavailable
- Reduced contact with money and library cards (use of online library account encouraged for paying fines)
- Meeting rooms and study rooms are closed
- No meeting room reservations will be accepted
- The Idea Box is closed for use
- The Toy Library is closed for use
- Continue to access your online account to place holds, renew materials, and pay fines
- Take advantage of our online books and digital resources!
- Enjoy our online programming on Facebook!
- Participate in our new, app-based Summer Reading Program (sign up starts on June 1)!