Update: Curbside Pickup Only, Effective October 19
Due to escalating COVID-19 cases within our community, the Library will be transitioning to curbside pickup services only, effective Monday, October 19. Although the building will remain closed, we will maintain our current hours of operation to ensure access to our resources and collection through our curbside pickup services. As we continue to navigate this pandemic, our focus remains on providing services to our community while maintaining a safe environment for patrons and staff. We encourage you to take advantage of our curbside pickup services and online resources. More details about these offerings can be found below. The Library Board will continue evaluating this changing environment to determine when the Library can safely re-open to the public. Thank you all for your support and understanding throughout these unprecedented times. Stay safe and well!
Youth Department Closed
The Youth Department at Manitowoc Public Library will be closed to the public effective Monday, October 12. This decision was made so that we can continue critical onsite services amidst low staffing levels, and focus our resources for the community during unprecedented circumstances. While the Youth Department will remain closed, staff will be able to retrieve materials from our collection. Details about this process will be forthcoming. In the meantime, we highly encourage you to place holds on materials through our online catalog or by phone. You can still pickup library materials onsite, or use our Curbside Pickup services when your items area ready. We appreciate your continued flexibility as we strive to serve you, and keep our community safe!
We’re open and we’re excited to welcome you to Manitowoc Public Library! Please be aware of some changes we’ve made to keep patrons and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. These temporary changes will be in place at least through early September, when library leadership will reevaluate based on current needs.
Safety and Hygiene Guidelines for Library Patrons
- Masks/face coverings required for patrons ages 2 and older.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from other people
- Do not enter if you are sick
- Cover your cough and sneeze
- Do not gather/linger
- Mask required for one-on-one technology assistance (masks available at all service desks)
Hours will be reduced to allow for thorough cleaning of public areas. New hours are as follows:
- Monday through Thursday – 9:00am-6:00pm
- Friday – 9:00am-4:00pm
- Saturday – 9:00am-1:00pm
- Sunday – CLOSED.
Return materials through the exterior, drive-up book drop, as the interior book drop will be closed to ensure materials are cleaned prior to being checked in.
For your safety and convenience, curbside pickup will continue during all open library hours. Please continue to place holds on materials ahead of time and ensure they’re available prior to pick up. Call 920-686-3010 to place holds by phone or alert staff when you would like to arrive to pick up available holds. (Holds capped at 10 max)
The Library will undergo an enhanced cleaning regimen for the building and materials.
- High-traffic public areas will be sanitized at the end of each day
- Returned materials are wiped down prior to reshelving
- Increased access to hand sanitizer
If you’re concerned about bringing library materials home and your risk of infection, you may consider quarantining materials for four days. Ultimately, Manitowoc Public Library is a public facility, and we cannot guarantee items you borrow will be free of pathogens, despite our enhanced sanitizing procedures.
Distancing and Reduced Contact
- Reduced occupancy limits of up to 25% of usual building capacity
- Designated entrance and exit points
- Plexiglass barriers are in place at all service points
- Floor markings placed 6 feet apart where lines may form
- Drinking fountains will not be operational – bring your own water
- Toys, flannels, board games, puzzles, Wii, and xBox are unavailable
- Reduced contact with money and library cards (use of online library account encouraged for paying fines)
- Meeting rooms and study rooms are closed
- No meeting room reservations will be accepted
- The Idea Box is closed for use
- The Toy Library is closed for use
- Continue to access your online account to place holds, renew materials, and pay fines
- Take advantage of our online books and digital resources!
- Enjoy our online programming on Facebook!
- Participate in our new, app-based Summer Reading Program (sign up starts on June 1)!