Manitowoc Public Library Closed Until April 24
Manitowoc Public Library is closed to the public until April 24 as a precautionary measure in response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak.
All programming and events are cancelled until April 24. Library materials are due on June 1 – no need to renew! Fines are also suspended during the closure.
To stay as healthy as possible, please remember to take the basic protective measures:
- Wash your hands frequently. Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands or the air. Try to cough into a tissue, throw the tissue away, and wash your hands. Or cough/sneeze into your arm/elbow.
- Maintain social distancing. Maintain at least three feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth. Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose, or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and make you sick.
- Practice respiratory hygiene. Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of the tissue immediately and wash your hands afterward.
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early. Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention with your primary care provider or urgent care center.
Visit the CDC’s website for more recommendations about how to protect yourself from COVID-19 and what to do if you think you’re sick.