Library Notary Services
Manitowoc Public Library offers free notary services by appointment only. Please fill out the form below or call a service desk at (920) 686-3000 to reserve a time. When you arrive at the Library, please check in at the Main Desk.
**It is important to read below before your appointment.**
- Do NOT sign documents ahead of time. Documents cannot be notarized unless the notary witnesses the act of signing.
- You must bring the complete document.
- You must bring a photo ID. Documents cannot be notarized unless the person signing the document presents photo identification.
- Every notarized signature must have the signer present.
- You must bring your own witnesses if the document needs to have witness signatures. (Library staff cannot act as a witness)
- Having a document notarized does not verify that the information in the document is true or legal, it only verifies that the notary has witnessed the signature of the person signing and has verified their identification.
- Library notaries are not permitted to make use of a translator to communicate with a Notary services customer.
- Notary service is not available for all documents. Documents that require technical or legal knowledge are beyond the scope of this simple, free service and cannot be notarized.
- Notaries will not provide service if the customer, document or circumstances of the request for notary service raises any issue of authenticity ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Library notary may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide notary service.
- Legal documents must contain a notarial certificate, pre-printed statement for notary to fill in.
Other places to obtain notary services:
- City Hall: Available during open hours, Monday-Thursday: 7:30am-4:30pm, Friday: 7:30am-11:30am. FREE. Phone: (920) 686-6950.
- County Clerk's Office: Available during open hours, 7:30-4:30. FREE. Phone: (920) 682-8500.
- Bank First National (All Branches): FREE. Must call ahead. Phone: (920) 652-3100.
- Fox Communities Credit Union: FREE. Must call ahead. Phone: (920) 682-6946.
- Salutz and Salutz Law Firm: Free for most transactions, small fee if there is a lot of paperwork. Must call ahead. Phone: (920) 682-4644.
- Shipbuilders Credit Union: FREE. Must call ahead. Phone: (920) 682-8500.