Learn from experts about a variety of topics that hit close to home and span the globe.
Manitowoc Public Library is proud to present Great Decisions 2023, our sixteenth year of hosting this preeminent eight-week grassroots lecture series that provides the citizens of the Lakeshore area with the opportunity to discover, discuss and decide how to meet some of the world’s greatest challenges head-on. Increasingly, global events have become domestic concerns and Great Decisions takes you beyond the headlines with essential background information, relevant facts, ever-shifting policy options and impartial analysis.
PLEASE NOTE: Great Decisions 2023 will be presented in a hybrid format—offered in person in MPL’s Balkansky Community Room, as well as livestreamed simultaneously online on both our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/manitowoclibrary) and YouTube channel (unless otherwise indicated)
The lecture schedule is as follows:
- February 6: Energy Geopolitics, Pablo Toral, PhD, Beloit College
- February 13: Climate Migration, Alise Coen, PhD, UW-Green Bay (online only)
- February 20: Iran at a Crossroads, Beth Dougherty, PhD, Beloit College
- February 27: Politics in Latin America, Martin Farrell, PhD, Ripon College (Retired)
- March 6: China and the U.S., David Fields, PhD, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- March 13: Economic Warfare, Pablo Toral, PhD, Beloit College
- March 20: War Crimes, Kevin Kelly, J.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School
- March 27: Global Famine, Elizabeth Wheat, PhD, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
The Great Decisions Series is FREE and open to the public. No registration is required.
Individuals requesting accommodation for disabilities should contact the Library's ADA Manager Stacey Bialek at 920-686-3008 or email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be made as quickly as possible, often within a week.