The Manitowoc Public Library strives to provide through continuous evaluation, a program of reference and information services which accurately and efficiently meet the informational, educational, recreational and cultural needs of the community.
Manitowoc Public Library staff will strive to:
- Provide accurate, timely, up-to-date reference services whether questions are asked in person, over the telephone, by email, or through the various communication systems.
- Select and make readily available suitable and timely resources which meet the ongoing needs of patrons.
- Instruct patrons in the use of library materials, technology, equipment and facilities.
- Cooperate with other community agencies, organizations, libraries, the Manitowoc-Calumet Library System in their efforts to better serve the community.
- Periodically evaluate patron satisfaction and reference services by various methods.
The Manitowoc Public Library does not guarantee the accuracy of information contained in any materials owned or obtained by the Library; the Library is not liable for any consequences or damages the user of library materials may suffer based on actions taken or decisions made using information from the Library.
Service is made available to all patrons on an equal basis, regardless of age, gender, race, creed or status. Each request is taken seriously and treated with respect. All reference questions are confidential.
Available resources, i.e. personnel, material, staff time, equipment, and facilities, may vary from time to time, and services will be adjusted accordingly.
Effective July 22, 1991