The Manitowoc Public Library provides space for community meetings to further the Library’s role as a community center.
- Non-profit organizations, government agencies and community organizations may use the meeting rooms at no charge.
- Profit-making organizations will be charged a fee.
- Use of meeting rooms for social gatherings (parties, showers) will be charged a fee.
- Scheduling of a meeting in the Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement by the Library of the group or organization. Organizations may not use Library logo to promote events.
- Use of the facilities for Library, Library-affiliated or Library-sponsored/co-sponsored meetings or programs shall have priority over all other requests.
- Events may not involve sale of items, fund raising activities or solicitation of donations.
- No person's right to attend a meeting will be denied or abridged because of origin, age, race, sex, background, views, sexual orientation, disability, membership or lack of membership in an organization or group, or for any other reason.
- Meetings or programs which would interfere with the functions of the Library or of patrons using the Library will not be permitted. Meetings or programs which are approved but which prove disruptive to Library operations shall immediately cease the actions disrupting Library operations upon notification to do so by Library staff.
- Participants must agree to the guidelines outlined in the Meeting Room Agreement Form. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in cancelation of scheduled meeting.
- Groups are responsible for any loss or damage to Library property and will be assessed the cost of any necessary repairs or extensive cleanup.
Meeting Room Agreement
- Meeting rooms will not be booked for attendance of fewer than three people.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel or transfer a booking to an alternate room with 14 days’ notice.
- Clean-up is the responsibility of the organization and persons using the room. Waste that does not fit in the regular bins provided must be removed by the organization.
- Light refreshments may be served but cooking is prohibited.
- The Library does not provide supplies for refreshments.
- Alcohol may not be served.
- Participants may not tape or attach anything to walls.
- Use of candles or other flammable material is prohibited.
- Library does not provide storage space.
- Meeting room use outside of Library business hours may be charged a fee.
- Repeated cancellation may result in suspension of meeting room privileges.
- Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in suspension of meeting room privileges.
The following fees apply to profit-making organizations and social gatherings.
Fees include use of media equipment but not supplies for refreshments.
- Board Room, Balkansky Room, Franklin Street Room, Small Conference Room - $30 for 1-4 hours
- Board Room, Balkansky Room, Franklin Street Room, Small Conference Room - $60 for 4-8 hours
- Board Room, Balkansky Room, Franklin Street Room, Small Conference Room - $100 for over 8 hours
- Charge for use of any library space outside of library business hours will be $50 per hour
- Use of library space for social gatherings must make a deposit of $100. The deposit will be returned within 2 weeks after the event if room conditions are at acceptable level.
Users must read the above guidelines and fee structure. They agree to use the space under these conditions.
Users agree to pay a fee for lost or damaged equipment. Fees will be billed as appropriate.